In 1617 the married couple Cristóbal López de Vergara and Juana Grimón obtained permission to build a hermitage to Our Lady of Guadalupe on their estate at “La Gorvorana”.
The building has the typical characteristics for this type of construction with the particularity of a semi circular frontispiece and its coffered ceiling in Mudejar style.
Inside is the notable altarpiece at the head with an image of the name giving Lady of Guadalupe in its central niche. The piece was made in Tenerife in the last third of the 17th century and is connected to the workshops of Malinas. With baby Jesus and the sceptre of Divine power it follows the Extremaduran iconography.
Further works of art include an image of baby Jesus from Andalusian workmanship and an interesting set of paintings, among which are noteworthy the Virgin of Bethlehem from the early seventeenth century, Saint Catherine, Saint Anthony of Padua, Saint Agatha and the apostle Saint Peter.
- ¿Dónde está?
- ¿Qué hay alrededor?
- Artículos relacionados
- The Gorvorana Manora 0,07 km
- Church of Our Lady of Guadalupea 0,25 km
- Los Roques Beacha 0,55 km
- Athleticsa 0,55 km
- La Higuerita Recreational Areaa 0,57 km
- The Zárate-Salazar Family Manora 0,64 km
- Count of Orea’s Castlea 0,83 km
- The Cockpit Housea 0,91 km
- Don Santiago's Colonial Mansion - Saroga Plantationa 0,97 km
- The Poggio Manora 1,07 km
- Hermitage of Our Lady of Lourdesa 1,07 km
- The Manor of St. Ildefonso - The Reeds - Castro's Gardensa 1,08 km