The construction of several hermitages or chapels started in the years that followed the Spanish conquest of the Canary Islands. Some of them have become parishes over the years, through consecutive construction stages.
However, those hermitages erected as part of private manors and estates will now be state-owned. The best examples of hermitage heritage are located in the lower area of the municipality, where the main manors and estates are found.
- Artículos relacionados
- Hermitage of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Hermitage of Saint Vincent Martyr
- Hermitage of Saint Peter the Apostle
- Hermitage of Our Lady of Succour
- Hermitage of Our Lady of Conception
- Hermitage of Saint Benedict
- Hermitage of Saint Sebastian
- Hermitage of Our Lady of Lourdes
- Hermitage of Saint Ildefonso
- Hermitage of Our Lady of Sorrows