This street came to be when houses were built alongside the Church of St James Apostle. It receives its name due to being built on a ridge between two canyons.On this street we find excellent examples of 18th an 19th century architecture which was constructed by prominent local families.
A cross has been known to exist here, not far from where the actual one stands, at the side of the road leading to La Romera, since the late 16th century. Only in the late 18th century a chapel was built there, being substituted by the one we know in 1991.
Inside is the Holy Cross, painted in green and white, on an altar on whose steps exquisite floral ornaments are placed during the May festivities.
- ¿Dónde está?
- ¿Qué hay alrededor?
- Artículos relacionados
- The Canary Laurel of Travesía del Pinoa 0,11 km
- The Canary Laurel of Travesía del Pinoa 0,18 km
- The Cross of Calle del Sol „Sun Street“a 0,19 km
- Viera y Clavijo’s Housea 0,25 km
- Tanque Arriba Water Tanka 0,26 km
- Viera Cinemaa 0,28 km
- The Araucaria On Calle Del Sola 0,29 km
- Viera y Clavijo Municipal Librarya 0,36 km
- Motherhooda 0,37 km
- Bust of José Antonio Viera y Clavijoa 0,38 km
- The Jacaranda On The Viera y Clavijo Squarea 0,40 km
- Union Squarea 0,40 km