As Don José de Viera y Clavijo states in his celebrated work ‘The History of the Canary Islands’ (Historia de Canarias):
“The cultivation of the potato began in the heart of Icod el Alto which is located in Los Realejos, before spreading to the other islands”.
Five centuries later, thanks to the efforts of our farmers, this location could be considered the hub of potato production in the Canary Islands. Many varieties that have been lost on the other islands continue to be cultivated here.
The town hall of Los Realejos will be hosting the event The IV Gastronomic Sampling of the Bonita potato to celebrate the arduous efforts of its local farmers in preserving this local product.
The Activities Schedule can be downloaded here.
- Where is it?
- What else is around?
- Homage to the Sailing Vessel ‘Hope of the Sea’a 0,02 km
- The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Mount Carmela 0,03 km
- Realejos Cinema Theatrea 0,04 km
- The San Agustín Gas Stationa 0,05 km
- Homage to Port of Santa Cruz de Tenerifea 0,08 km
- Bust of Dr. José García Estradaa 0,10 km
- San Agustín Parka 0,17 km
- Homage to Pyrotechniciansa 0,18 km
- The ‘Twins’a 0,34 km
- First Church of Our Lady of Conceptiona 0,36 km
- The Sietefuentes Dragon Treea 0,38 km
- Realejo Bajoa 0,40 km