El Lance is one of the best scenic lookouts on the island, which offers a spectacular panoramic view of La Orotava Valley.
It was in this emblematic place, located in Icod el Alto, that the Guanche King Bentor decided to take the leap in order to avoid turning himself in to the Castilian people upon finishing the conquest of the island. That’s why a sculpture was erected in this spot in remembrance of this event.
Did you know…?
It’s said that it was called ‘Lance’ [meaning ‘the action of throwing something’, in English], because it was from this place that the trunks of the trees used to obtain timber were thrown down to the sawmill in Tigaiga.
- Where is it?
- What else is around?
- Related articles
- Mencey Bentora 0,02 km
- Protected Landscapes: Los Campeches, Tigaiga and Ruiza 0,08 km
- Tigaiga Wash Basinsa 0,34 km
- Hermitage of Our Lady of Conceptiona 0,43 km
- Dornajo Wash Basinsa 0,45 km
- The Tigaiga Dragon Treesa 0,61 km
- The Threshing Floor Housea 0,62 km
- Our Lady of Safe Travela 0,74 km
- The Knife Manora 0,78 km
- Homage to Pig Breedersa 0,78 km
- La Corona Lookouta 0,79 km
- Manors of ‘Las Chozas’, ‘La Rambla’, ‘El Socorro’ and ‘La Torre y Ruiz’a 0,94 km