This hermitage was founded under the patronage of Francisco Gorvalán, conqueror of the islands.
It stands on the lands of the renowned Gorvorana Manor, situated in the neighbourhood of Toscal-Longuera (the manor is currently state-owned and is in poor condition). The hermitage of Our Lady of Guadalupe is a hall church, which features a peculiar semicircular façade and a remarkable altarpiece dating from 1700s.
The little image of Our Lady of Guadalupe along with Baby Jesus and the sceptre of Divinity are placed on a single niche in the style of the iconography of Extremadura. The image is flanked by the paintings of Saint Peter and Saint Agatha.
- Where is it?
- What else is around?
- Related articles
- The Gorvorana Manora 0,07 km
- Church of Our Lady of Guadalupea 0,25 km
- Los Roques Beacha 0,55 km
- La Higuerita Recreational Areaa 0,57 km
- The Zárate-Salazar Family Manora 0,64 km
- Count of Orea’s Castlea 0,83 km
- The Cockpit Housea 0,91 km
- Don Santiago's Colonial Mansion - Saroga Plantationa 0,97 km
- The Poggio Manora 1,07 km
- Hermitage of Our Lady of Lourdesa 1,07 km
- The Manor of St. Ildefonso - The Reeds - Castro's Gardensa 1,08 km
- Hermitage of Saint Ildefonsoa 1,09 km