On the upper part of the Tigaiga range, in the village of Icod el Alto there is preserved among thenew constructions the structure of the old chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Providence.
It is a modest building whose front has been heavily transformed and that in its interior containsinteresting examples of Canarian art from the 17th and 18th centuries.
The main items are the name giving image, clothed and carrying the iconographic attributes, which is of Canarian origin from seventeen hundred which enjoys great devotion in the area. Then there are the anonymous carvings of Saint Anthony of Padua and Saint Joseph, as well as of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Our Lady ofRosario, the Crucifixion, the Nazarene, Saint Margaret and The Calvary.
- Where is it?
- What else is around?
- Related articles
- Homage to Pig Breedersa 0,05 km
- Dornajo Wash Basinsa 0,29 km
- Protected Landscapes: Los Campeches, Tigaiga and Ruiza 0,73 km
- Mencey Bentora 0,74 km
- El Lance Lookouta 0,74 km
- Cemetery of Saint Anthonya 0,95 km
- La Grimona Lookouta 0,97 km
- El Dornajito Fountaina 1,06 km
- Tigaiga Wash Basinsa 1,08 km
- La Grimona Beacha 1,15 km
- Hermitage of Our Lady of Conceptiona 1,17 km
- La Corona Lookouta 1,22 km