Located in Cruz Verde street in Realejo Bajo, this cemetery was built around 1865.
It stands on the lands of the old Franciscan monastery of Saint Lucia, which was devastated by a fire in 1864.
The majestic dragon tree of considerable botanical interest found at the entrance of the cemetery and the stone portico, which was part of the old monastery, are remarkable features of the cemetery.
The mortal remains of famous historical figures of the town, such as those of historian Hilaria de Abia and writer Agustín Espinosa García, lie in this cemetery.
- Where is it?
- What else is around?
- Related articles
- The San Francisco Dragon Treea 0,02 km
- Hermitage of Saint Sebastiana 0,24 km
- The Princes’ Manora 0,25 km
- La Parra Housea 0,26 km
- Bust of Rev. José Siverio Péreza 0,29 km
- Union Squarea 0,29 km
- Realejo Bajoa 0,29 km
- Realejo Altoa 0,30 km
- First Church of Our Lady of Conceptiona 0,30 km
- Bust of Dr. D.Antonio González Gonzáleza 0,31 km
- First Church of St. James the Apostlea 0,32 km
- Bust of José Antonio Viera y Clavijoa 0,32 km