Calle del Sol, in earlier times known as La Lagaña, was one of the hamlets that formed the urban centre of Realejo de Arriba “Upper Realejos”. The people here belonged to a variety of professions and social strata, living in modest housing bordering the expanses of the larger estates and plantations, such as “El Cercado”, “Piloto” or “El Llano”.
Thanks to the population’s generosity, a chapel was built in 1864 to accommodate the Holy Cross that up to then had been worshipped on the street. Two years later they gained permission to celebrate mass in the newly built chapel.
Inside is the Holy Cross, covered in silver and decorated year around with creative floral ornaments. The main Festival is the Festival of the Cross on May 3rd.
- Where is it?
- What else is around?
- Related articles
- The Araucaria On Calle Del Sola 0,12 km
- Viera Cinemaa 0,17 km
- The Cross of Calle del Medio „Middle Street“a 0,19 km
- Motherhooda 0,22 km
- Viera y Clavijo Municipal Librarya 0,27 km
- Bust of José Antonio Viera y Clavijoa 0,28 km
- The Jacaranda On The Viera y Clavijo Squarea 0,29 km
- First Church of St. James the Apostlea 0,29 km
- Viera y Clavijo’s Housea 0,29 km
- Realejo Altoa 0,31 km
- Union Squarea 0,31 km
- The Farmer’s Market a 0,32 km