The Teatro Cine Realejos [Realejos Cinema Theatre] was built in 1928 in San Agustín Street, next to what once was the Augustine convent.
It played a pivotal role for decades as a leisure provider for the people of Los Realejos. The first screenings of films took place in the premises of the old San Andrés [Saint Andrew] and Santa Mónica [Saint Monica] convent, but this location turned inadequate as business grew. Therefore, some buildings were designed and built for this purpose, such as the said Cinema Theatre Realejos, which is currently considered the only ‘living’ cinema on Tenerife.
- Where is it?
- What else is around?
- Related articles
- The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Mount Carmela 0,02 km
- VII Gastronomical Exhibition of the Bonita Potatoa 0,04 km
- The San Agustín Gas Stationa 0,04 km
- Homage to the Sailing Vessel ‘Hope of the Sea’a 0,06 km
- Houses with Historya 0,06 km
- Homage to Port of Santa Cruz de Tenerifea 0,09 km
- Bust of Dr. José García Estradaa 0,11 km
- Homage to Pyrotechniciansa 0,17 km
- San Agustín Parka 0,17 km
- Bust of Agustín Espinosa Garcíaa 0,22 km
- Street Cantillo de Abajo nº10a 0,31 km
- Parish Housea 0,32 km